Friday, March 16, 2012

Representation

So what happens to the books now that the work is done?  That is a question that I get a lot.  I sell them or hope to sell them.  After working hard one important thing that a book artist needs to consider is, are you going to try to sell your book on your own or are you going to seek representation with a book dealer.  I am choosing to go with a dealer.  The thought making some sort of prospectus, sending it out, making follow up calls does not rock my world.

I am very lucky in that right up the road in Birmingham is a delightful couple who are book dealers.  Bill and Vicky Stewart own Vamp & Tramp.  They travel all over the USA carrying our precious books with them making calls at special collections libraries, public libraries and private collectors.  

My husband and I made the trip to see them last Friday.  I not only took my thesis, but some other books that I have made while in school.  I am please to say that they took all of them.  Holding Down the Fort will be priced at $325.00.  I gladly give them a percentage of the sale in exchange for peace of mind and time to pursue other projects.

Here is there website.  It is worth checking out and full of treasures.  www.vampandtramp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment