Monday, February 27, 2012

Components and Cases


I've been a busy beaver this weekend.  This Wednesday is my self imposed deadline to have all of my book completed.  Friday I made lap components.  This comprises of a piece of Bristol board for the spine and Mohawk again for the part that gets glued to the book board.
gluing spine piece

placing spine piece onto Mohawk portion


Trim lap component




After completing these, I cut all the board 
down to the appropriate size.  On Saturday, 
I began case construction.  

What case looks like after attaching lap component


tearing the excess

Sanding what's left to have a smooth transition

Sanding outside of case to shape it to give it a nice finished look


Stack of finished cases


I have finished covering the cases but will blog about it tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment