Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finished Binding!!!!

Today at 4:12 pm CST, I finished binding my edition of 50 books.  I am so happy and thrilled to be at this point of the process now.  Here is another pictorial essay of the process.

Trim uneven edges of covering

place text block on case, making sure everything is even.

I forgot to take a picture of pasting out.  I place a piece of newsprint under the first end sheet and then paste out the
end sheet.  Take away any extra glue with my finger and then carefully close cover onto the text block.  I then open the front cover a tad and then using my teflon folder, smoothing and making sure the end sheet is adhered to the case well. After doing both sides, I then put it back in the nipping press. 
The stack of finished books on my Kuttrimmer

The studio aftermath  No time to be polite about throwing newsprint in a trashcan.
I did start to clean up my studio tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment